Examples of goals
Consider for a moment just how big your life is and how many different categories it covers. Categories like:
- Branding (ie. your style)
- Knowledge (ie. what you want to learn)
- The list goes on and on
And for each category listed above there are dozens on top of dozens of goals that can be set for them. So to close out this first module, I am going to throw out some examples from a few categories to help you get excited and to open up your mind to the possibilities that goal setting can bring.
The goals I am listing are specific and will vary between short, medium, and long term goals/visions. Don't get too caught up on the details though. The point of this lesson is to simply open your eyes to the kinds of goals that you can set (and achieve) for yourself.
Let's take a look.
Financial goals revolve around just that... your finances. These goals have to do with your money. Some examples include:
- Save $10,000 over the next 6 months
- Increase your average commission 1.5x over the next 18 months
- Spend 30% less on entertainment each month for the next year
- Reduce your credit card usage by half this quarter
Health goals involve being your best, healthiest self. Some health related goals include:
- Get 8 hours of sleep each night indefinitely
- Lose 20 lbs over the next 20 months
- Increase your max bench weight by 2x within 6 months
- Run a marathon this Summer
Relationship goals have to do with your interactions with others. These types of goals include:
- Become a full-time stay-at-home parent within the next 8 months
- Spend 1 hour of family time together each night indefinitely
- Go on a vacation with your significant other within the next 6 months
- Meet up with friends at least 5x per month
Career goals have to do with your work life aspirations. Often you'll find that goals can overlap across categories as well. Some career goals include:
- Get a new job within 3 months
- Meet up for coffee with someone new each day for 6 months
- Get promoted this year
- Double your client base (and income) within 8 months
As you can see, there are a lot of different goals that you can set for yourself. If you're feeling overwhelmed, don't panic. I only suggested these examples above to help get your wheels turning for potential goals that you can start setting for yourself.
But, you don't need to worry about that just yet.
At this point, let those ideas sink in and start considering the possibilities of a better and brighter future that you want to see for yourself.
And with that, our first module is complete! Nice job!
I'll see you in the next one.